Moving house is always a hectic process. There are so many things to do.
Here are some notes to help you ease the pain:
1. Packing supplies
* Boxes (small, medium, large and heavy duty boxes)
* Packing tape
* Bubble wrap
* Newspapers for padding
* Stretch wrap
You can also find house moving kits online for different types of houses which could save you some time.
2. How to prepare for moving a house
* Pack early
* Start with the places that you don’t use as often
* Pack one room at a time
* Reduce the clutter by selling items, recycling and throwing out items. Have a garage sale.
* Make sure not to have morre than 30 pounds per box so that you don’t hurt yourself picking up boxes.
* Fill in empty gaps between items in the boxes with old newspapers or rags.
* Mark your boxes with labels so yo uknow what is in each box.
* Make sure to place the heavier boxes on the bottom.
* Dispose of hazardous materials – for example: paint, cleaning materials, pesticides, asbestos, batteries, fluorescent tubes.
* Set up a box with basic essentials – with snacks, canned / boxed food, utencils, pans, towls, baby supplies, pet food, first aid, tool box.
Have fun preparing for your house move!
Oh, an you will need a moving company to move it all – get a quote >>