Moving house is always a hectic process. There are so many things to do.
Here are some notes to help you ease the pain:
1. Packing supplies
* Boxes (small, medium, large and heavy duty boxes)
* Packing tape
* Bubble wrap
* Newspapers for padding
* Stretch wrap
You can also find house moving kits online for different types of houses which could save you some time.
2. How to prepare for moving a house
* Pack early
* Start with the places that you don’t use as often
* Pack one room at a time
* Reduce the clutter by selling items, recycling and throwing out items. Have a garage sale.
* Make sure not to have morre than 30 pounds per box so that you don’t hurt yourself picking up boxes.
* Fill in empty gaps between items in the boxes with old newspapers or rags.
* Mark your boxes with labels so yo uknow what is in each box.
* Make sure to place the heavier boxes on the bottom.
* Dispose of hazardous materials – for example: paint, cleaning materials, pesticides, asbestos, batteries, fluorescent tubes.
* Set up a box with basic essentials – with snacks, canned / boxed food, utencils, pans, towls, baby supplies, pet food, first aid, tool box.
Have fun preparing for your house move!
Oh, an you will need a moving company to move it all – get a quote >>
El Cheapo Movers has over 30 years experience moving houses, apartments and condos around the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and across Ontario.
By completing this form you agree to receive communications from El Cheapo Movers about offers. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking here.
341 Eastern Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M4M 1B7