Time to move? Here is a super detailed list for a super mover:
3 Months Before the Move:
* Plan to do it outside the peak season. What’s the peak season? People generally prefer to move when it’s sunny outside.
* Make lists of what you don’t want to move – check every room and the garage, basement, attic, bathroom, under the sink and over the kitchen cabinets.. 🙂
* Sell it all – anything you don’t want to move – have a yard sale, donate items to charity, look for disposal options.
2 Months Before the Move:
* On the second month before moving you should contact schools, doctors, dentists, lawyers, accountants and other organization to get a record of your personal records.
* Call El Cheapo Movers and schedule a time for your move by calling 416.599.2728 or clicking the button here to fill the form to get a quote:
1 Month Before the Move:
* Send a Change of Address form to the Postal office
* Make a list of single items for moving (large stuff)
* Contact the utility, phones and any subscription services to change the service address.
* Figure out the insurance for the move if you need more than minimal coverage.
* Get cheques with you new address.
* Figure out childcare location in the new neighborhood.
* Start packing!
2 Weeks Before Moving
* Throw out items you don’t plan to move.
* Order refills on prescriptions and contacts just in case.
* As needed, contact the new condo or apartment management and schedule the elevator.
1 Week Before Moving
* Pay the bills in the old location
* Tell the neighbors the moving trucks are on the way.
* Drain the lawn mower gas, water hoses, snow blowers and leaf blowers and prepare the appliances for moving.
* Pack a moving box with personal items for the first night in the new place.
* Confirm everything to do with the move – call us at 416.599.2728
1 Day Before Moving
* last minute packing
* Write your mobile number on a paper or email the moving crew.
* Get some sleep
* Ensure that there is someone there to meet the movers
* If you’re in a gated community or condo then notify the management about the move.
* Write down the reading for the gas, electric and water meters
* Review the bill of lading and inventory before the move
El Cheapo Movers has over 30 years experience moving houses, apartments and condos around the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and across Ontario.
By completing this form you agree to receive communications from El Cheapo Movers about offers. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking here.
341 Eastern Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M4M 1B7