Time to move? Here is a super detailed list for a super mover:
3 Months Before the Move:
* Plan to do it outside the peak season. What’s the peak season? People generally prefer to move when it’s sunny outside.
* Make lists of what you don’t want to move – check every room and the garage, basement, attic, bathroom, under the sink and over the kitchen cabinets.. 🙂
* Sell it all – anything you don’t want to move – have a yard sale, donate items to charity, look for disposal options.
2 Months Before the Move:
* On the second month before moving you should contact schools, doctors, dentists, lawyers, accountants and other organization to get a record of your personal records.
* Call El Cheapo Movers and schedule a time for your move by calling 416.599.2728 or clicking the button here to fill the form to get a quote:
1 Month Before the Move:
* Send a Change of Address form to the Postal office
* Make a list of single items for moving (large stuff)
* Contact the utility, phones and any subscription services to change the service address.
* Figure out the insurance for the move if you need more than minimal coverage.
* Get cheques with you new address.
* Figure out childcare location in the new neighborhood.
* Start packing!
2 Weeks Before Moving
* Throw out items you don’t plan to move.
* Order refills on prescriptions and contacts just in case.
* As needed, contact the new condo or apartment management and schedule the elevator.
1 Week Before Moving
* Pay the bills in the old location
* Tell the neighbors the moving trucks are on the way.
* Drain the lawn mower gas, water hoses, snow blowers and leaf blowers and prepare the appliances for moving.
* Pack a moving box with personal items for the first night in the new place.
* Confirm everything to do with the move – call us at 416.599.2728
1 Day Before Moving
* last minute packing
* Write your mobile number on a paper or email the moving crew.
* Get some sleep
* Ensure that there is someone there to meet the movers
* If you’re in a gated community or condo then notify the management about the move.
* Write down the reading for the gas, electric and water meters
* Review the bill of lading and inventory before the move